Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just Between Friends Sale. How, When and Why's of JBF!


For up to date Valley deals and steals "Like" Make Cents To Save on Facebook


MARCH 18TH-24TH 2012
For more info on hours, directions or to learn more about JBF visit their website

OR

Like JBF Visalia/Fresno on FACEBOOK
They always have contest for JBF Bucks, Pre Sale and Front of the line passes

The Just Between Friends Sale....or better known as JBF. How to describe JBF hmmm! There is more stuff than the city swap meet, fabulous brand name clothes like Gymboree, and prices so awesome you will scream!  Shopping the JBF takes skills!  Especially if you are going shopping on Pre Sale day. The first time I went I was shocked how much stuff there was!  I was on overload! 

Here are my tips for a stress free fun shopping experience:


1) Make a list.  It helps to have a list of things each kid needs, their sizes, and up coming birthday's.  All the clothes are neatly hung by size however when you are walking through racks and rack of clothes they all start to look the same and you forget quickly who needs what and what size they are.  Lot's of times you can find brand new with tags, clothes, shoes and toys.  This is a GREAT time to score deals on upcoming birthday's.

2) Wear comfy shoes, pack a snack and water.  If you are going on pre sale day this is a MUST! When I have done pre sale shopping I always go about 1 or 2 hours before they allow you go in and stand in line.  Yes it's like black Friday (expect no one gets hurt and the women in line are actually friendly) If you think  you can do JBF in 30mins THINK again! You will get stuck into it's awesomeness you could spend hours walking around.


This place will be packed with deals in 48 hours!


3) Bring back up.   This is HUGE!! You are going to need back up!  Empty stroller, wagon, rolling cart, ANYTHING that rolls.  The first year I went I was positive I broke my back carrying all my stuff around.   There is a hold area for large items however if you are like me you will grab tons of clothes and find a spot to sort them.                            
                                      Just a small amount of all the clothes!


4) Bring a friend.  There are many benifits to this PLUS shopping is always more fun with a friend.  The sale is HUGE and you will want someone's opinion on what to buy and what to pass up.  The only bad thing.....Once it's gone it's GONE!  Remember on Pre Sale Day EVERYONE needs a PASS!



5) Shop often and don't forget about sale days.  I am sure I could go to the sale spend hours on end there come back the next day and find more.  That is because consignors can drop off through out the week.  Some items go on sale Friday is 25%off and Saturday is 50%.


FAQ's

What is "presale" shopping?
The sale opens to the public on Sunday March 18th.  A select number of people can earn up to a 15 hour presale pass to shop BEFORE the public on Saturday.

How do I earn a presale pass?
It's actually pretty easy.  You can be or do any of the following
Be:
Teacher
Military
New Mom

Do:
Volunteer
Barter (Be willing to purchase/give something from the barter list)
Consign (Sell your stuff and shop early!! This is the best!)

Depending on which you choose is the "Hour" presale pass you receive.

You can earn/receive a:

15 Hour (You can only earn this by Volunteering hours)
Shop at 10am on Pre sale day and Shop at 8am on half off day


12 Hour
Shop at 11am on pre sale day and 8am half off day


6 Hour
Shop at Noon


3 Hour
Shop at 1pm


How do I know if the item I am purchasing is on sale?
Friday and Saturday are mark down days, however it is up to the consignor if they want their items marked down or not.  If you look at the JBF tag underneath the price it is says Full Price that item is NOT going to get marked down.  There might also be a star under the price. The color will represent what mark down it is tied to
Example:
Yellow star may mean NOT 25% off day but will be marked down on 50% off day
(The colors are just examples)


Can I bring my kids?
No children allow on Pre Sale day.  Trust me you will thank them for this rule if you are ever lucky enough to shop the presale.  Nursing babies under 1 years old are welcome and Children over the age of 13 can attend IF THEY HAVE A PASS.


Regular shopping days kids ARE welcome.  I bring my boys all the time to the sale.  As a  matter of fact my boys save their chore money for JBF even they know they can score great deals at JBF.  My suggestion for little ones is plan like your going to the mall.  You know the best time to shop with them and how they will do shopping in a mall type setting. 

Lastly and most importanly HAVE FUN!  The JBF sale is a mother's dream! It's my secret to keeping my boys in name brand clothes at discount prices.  Once you shop JBF you will NEVER shop the same again!



No comments:

Post a Comment