Sunday, March 11, 2012

UPDATE: Double Coupons in California! YEP! Check out who will double!

This week is double coupon week at Kmart.  They will allow you to use FIVE coupons up to a $1 in value to be doubled.   You must purchase $25 or more in Grocery, health care or beauty. 

Example
Tide $1/1 coupon from this Sunday's paper will be doubled to $2/1!

More on this later....Check out the back of the slip-on page from THIS weeks Kmart AD for more details.


Also Check out Suddenly Salad $1 a BOX!  that is a AWESOME deal!

I went to Kmart today to try this double coupon thing out.   Here is what I learned and dealt with.

1)  I took my $4/4 Kelloggs coupon to customer service to see if they would double it.  I thought it states up to a $1 they may considering it because I had to purhcase 4 boxes to save $4 it was like a $1 off coupon.....Nope.,  DARN worth a try right?!?

2) I saw a deal I would try my other coupons on.  Most Kelloggs cereals were 4/$10.  I had a $.70/1 box of Krave (Sunday paper coupon) , 2- $.80/1 Oat Clusters (printed) and 1-$.60/1 Kellogg's cereal (also printed)  That meant my $.70 would be worth $1.40, my 2 $.80 $3.20 and my $.60 would be $1.20.   I get to the register ready to pay $4.20 for 4 boxes of cereal.   Not that easy!  She scans the first $.70 off Sunday paper coupon and tried to scan the other ones and says.....I am sorry thedouble coupons don't work on printed coupons.  I said...Umm Can you show me where it says that under the double policy?  She said if it doesn't scan it means we cant take it.  (Understandable)  I asked her to try a different scan bar (Must coupons from coupons.com have 3 scan bars) she replies with...They wont work and if they do we wont get the credit for them so I can't take them.  ugh!  I probably would have asked for a manager however the line was LONG and honestly I didn't want to mess with it.

After I left the Tulare Kmart, I called the Visalia Kmart and asked them to please explain the double coupon policy to me.  They said we will double ANY coupon up to $1.  I asked does this include printed coupons,  to which they replied with YES! as long as they are NOT printed from Smartsource.com (Because they don't have a verified stamp to prove if they are counterfeit or not) I explained to her what happened at the Tulare store and they said OH did the cashier try to scan one of the other bar codes?!?  NOPE she wouldn't even try.  So that's my experience with doubling coupons at Kmart.   

I went to find Kmart's coupon policy and couldn't find it any where on their site (Go Figure!)  I did email them and ask for a copy of their policy I will keep you updated on that.

Will I give up....???  NAH!  I will just pick a better cashier :-) Trial and Error!  Today ERROR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment