Thursday, March 15, 2012

CVS Trippin..My haul, My fail, and My Rebound

I LOVE Cvs! You can get tons of things there crazy cheap.  Although today the cashier was trippin!  and THIS is why I normally build my shopping trip at home.   Today I was in a hurry.  I needed to grab some things for Wesley since he has the flu and there were some deals I wanted to grab since I was there.  I quickly wrote down my list of things and rushed out the door.



I bought
6- Bottles of Powerade 3- 12pks of Sprite They were part of the spend $15 get $5 ECB
2- Irish Spring Body wash 2/$7 get $4 ECB
1-2pk Glad plug-in's $5 (I had a $2 coupon)
4- bags of Dog food 4/$20 get $5 ECB (Plus I had $5 in coupons)
1- Dial Lotion $4.99 get $2 ECB
1-Zyrtec $5.99 get $5.99 ECB

Rough cost should have been $57.62 before coupons and ECB
I had
$7 in coupons
$5 in ECB
Total around $45.63 ( I should receive $26.99 in ECB)

UMM NOPE Total $70.79 AFTER coupons and ECB.  Something didn't seem right BUT I was in a hurry!  I looked quickly at my ECB received and it looked fine.  WRONG!

I got in the car and notice I got charged for
5 bags of dog food when I bought 4
2 Zyrtec when I bought 1
5 bottles of Powerade when I bought 6 (That 6th bottle was the difference between receiving or not receive my $5 in ECB's.)(One Beau had I gave it to him to scan and then gave it back to Beau must of placed one another one in the bag because it scanned it)

I called the store (Because I was NOT about to go back in front of that candy display again) and spoke with the manager he was nothing but kind!  He apologized many times and said he would take care of it personal when I came back and apologized one more time for having to waste my time driving back there. 

Had I taken the extra 5 mins to write out the cost of everything my final total before and after coupons/ECB and how many ECB's I should have received I wouldn't be making a trip BACK there tonight.  As humans we all make mistakes wasn't ALL the cashiers fault.  I would get overwhelmed if I was helping a lady with 2 kids crying for candy, a cart fill of things and a fist full of coupons.  This only makes me want to shop there more thanks to the kind manager at the CVS on Goshen Ave. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that CVS! they are always so friendly! Ditto on nice people!

    ReplyDelete