Friday, March 16, 2012

Easy St. Patty's Day Dinner



  When I think of St. Patty's day I think of Corned Beef and Cabbage. YUM! I am sure sure my boys will cringe when they see it again, but hey it's once a year and I eat Mcdonald's for them.  Plus, I have some fun ideas in mind for my boys thanks to Pinterest that make smooth over the fact that we are eating it for dinner.  Do you have surprises in store for your kids? 

I know Saturday's are crazy for most families mine included.  So I choice a slow cooking recipe for my corned beef.  (8 hours on Low) Dump it all in and Go on with your day.

I went to Save Mart to pick up their $2.37/lb Corned Beef (Since I had no plans of going to Tulare for the $1.67/lb at Foods Co) I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had 3 different prices on corned beef.  $2.99/lb,  $2.37/lb, AND $1.99/lb

I grabbed:
*3.25lb Corn Beef  priced at $6.43 ( I went with the $1.99/lb)
(The seasoning comes inside the Corned Beef just a FYI)
*A head of cabbage (Price $.19/lb)
*I already had potatoes and carrots

Here is how I plan on cooking my St. Patty's day dinner.
http://southernfood.about.com/od/crockcornedbeef/r/cpweekly20.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment