Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tip Tuesday

Save Time By Price Matching:

    We all get those "Junk" mail inserts filled with Ad's for Elvis Clocks, Furniture Stores and Carl's Jr coupons.  Before I started couponing I would just throw them away without even taking a second look.  NOT now!  In Visalia there are typically 3 stores ad's in the flyer.  Save Mart, Foods Co, and Vallarta.  Before you go throwing them away for one reason or another take a second to look through them for items you normally buy (even if you have NO plans of shopping there) WHY?  Because these Ad's are GREAT for PRICE MATCHING

    I thought a long time about what my first tip would be and while the thought of price matching something seems scary to some or down right embarrassing for other it is actually a VERY common thing at Walmart now.  You've seen it all over their TV AD's, they have trained all their cashiers, and have made it pretty easy for couponers to Price Match to save time and money!  Below you will find the direct link to their NEW price match policy.   You will see on their policy that you don't have to have the Ad's with you I always bring mine to make the process go faster.  Here is my typical price match journey through Walmart.

    I will scan the weekly ad's circle the deals I want to match.  When I head into Walmart I try my best to keep each store deals together.  (Example I keep my Save Mart items in the back of the cart, Foods Co in the front and Vallarta in the middle)  I do this so as I unload them on to the belt I put them in store order, BUT before I even get in line I size up the cashiers open.  Yes, I judge them based on the way they look...NO not by who is beauty by their age and sense of ease.   Sound dumb?!  It's not 99% of the time I am right now about their coupon/price match policy knowledge just by looking at them.  We all know some of the cashiers at Walmart are not the brightest lights on the Christmas tree and no matter how many times they are told a policy it's not going to stick with them.  On the other hand some of these ladies know their stuff and have even taught me a thing or two.  So pick your cashier and start loading your belt by store.  I PROMISE this makes the price matching process SO much quicker! I tell the cashier right away I am price matching and hand them my coupons.  As she is ringing the stuff I am pointing the items out with the price to match.  It's a team effort that is well worth it!  If you are nervous about price matching start small with one store and one or two items.

TIP:  When price matching it MUST be the same brand, same size, and same type listed.

If 32oz Tide Downy is on Sale at Kmart for $4.99.  You must buy 32oz Tide Downy.  If it says select Tide items, you can purchase any of those as long as it is the Same Size, Brand, and Type.

    So many of us live BUSY lives we can hardly find time to shower let along clip a coupon or go bargain hunting at 10 different stores.  I hear ALL the time about how women don't have time to save money or clip coupons.  Here is a great way to save without even clipping ONE coupon!

Walmart will price match ANY store ad:
Dollar Tree
CVS
Walgreens
Kmart
The list goes on.....

Quick coupon tips for Walmart:
*They WILL take other stores coupons as long as it states a dollar amount and NOT a cents off (Example:  $1.99 Oreo Cookies Limit 2 Excepted... $.75 off Oreo Cookies NOT Excepted)

*Coupons can be printed in black and white or color

*They WILL take Buy One Get One coupons ONLY if there is a dollar amount stated
(Buy one bottle of Tide Get Bounce Dryer Sheets FREE Up to $2.59 value)


Get to know Walmarts Coupon Policy
http://walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

and their Price Match Policy
http://walmartstores.com/10563.aspx

GOT QUESTIONS?  Feel Free to post them on our Facebook Page Make Cents To Save or right here on our blog!

HAPPY PRICE MATCHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment